Monday, July 31, 2006

dangers of using an exercise ball as your desk chair

I use a blue exercise ball instead of a desk chair. This allows me to bounce on it since I am prone to fidgeting.

Five minutes ago, I was preparing my expense reports from last month. I stood up to get a paper clip from my shelf. When I sat back down, at the moment where I should've contacted the ball, there was only air. There was a loud thud as my ass fell hard onto the carpeted floor.

I looked around me, and the ball had rolled to the far side of the cubicle. People ran over from two offices down to see what the source of the thud was.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, since you were very helpful to me recently I'm going to solve this one for you =)

What you need to do is get something like an embroidery hoop (a circular wooden frame) to put your ball in. It should offer enough resistance to prevent your ball from rolling away and still not interfere with happy bouncing. You can find them in your friendly hobby/crafts/fabric store in all sizes.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest those combination exercise ball/chairs, such as this one. They have wheels that allow the user to roll around as though in a regular chair, but still bounce. I've never tried them myself so I can't honestly recommend 'em.

Anonymous said...

By now surely you have discovered the Gold's Gym balancing ball that has sand inside of it. Not only is it less likely to roll away, but you can use it to lift and exercise your arms, etc.

Cheryl's Office said...

Very funny! I have been looking for unique pieces of office furniture to add to the product line I carry on my web site. I think I will stay away from adding the exercise ball line of chairs.

Cheryl's Office Furniture

Anonymous said...

hOW DID YOU GET A JOB AT GOOGLE...i WOULD LOVE YOU WORK THERE

IF POSSIBLE CONTACT ME @

SHREKOPHER@GMAIL.COM

CHRIS MANN