Thursday, July 22, 2021

meeting my mom's friend soon

I spent 3.5 hours talking on the phone to one of my mom's longtime friends L.

L knew my mom when they were both in their 20s and 30s. L said my mom was so kind and went out of her way to help L when L had a medical emergency.

L has only seen my mom in-person once in the past two decades, but she's still very fond of my mom. 

My mom has excellent taste in friends! Talking to L makes me feel calmer, and also optimistic about the integrity and goodness of people.

As an immigrant, it's a rare treat for me to meet one of my mom's friends from her youth and to get along well with that friend. Perhaps for people who are not immigrants, they get to see dozens of their parents' friends. But it is special for me.

My mom and I will see L next month. I'm so excited! 

No comments: