Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sad.

At lunch with Rolandall (Randall + Yolanda = Rolandall).

Me: Falling in love is so rare! I don't know how all these other people do it. ... So I've accepted the fact that I may never get married.

Randall: In 20 years, we can introduce our kids to you as our weird spinster friend.

Me: That's right. I'll get 19 cats. As you're leaving, I'll throw a cat or two at you.

Randall: When I was a kid, there was an old neighbor down the street. She was 70 when I knew her, but had been a widow since her 20s when her husband was killed in war. All she would do is watch Wheel of Fortune and chain smoke. After she died, I had to go help clean out her house, and scrape nicotine off the walls.

Me: Don't worry, I'll pre-pay professional nicotine scrapers as part of my will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg...you're being so silly...you're only *twenty-six* for chrissakes...you still have your whole life ahead of you...wait till you're *forty-one*, never married, cherubless and single like me...then we can talk about 19 cats...btw, i still don't own any cats... ;-)