Thursday, April 13, 2006

new vocabulary word

Today Joby set his IM status message to indicate that he got little sleep last night, followed by "gg D:"

Me: [over IM] What is "gg D:"?

Joby: [replying over IM] D: is a very upset face, like this.

I swivel around in my seat to catch a glimpse of him rising out of his chair and making a wide-mouthed horrific expression, which, had I captured on film and put here, would surely cause a submission of the Blog Removal Request Form.

Me: [laughing] What is the "gg" for then?

Joby: good game.

Me: [confused] What? How does it apply here?

Joby then sent me the link to urbandictionary.com.

The first definition was the one that I'm familiar with:

A polite remark uttered after the end of a round, game, or other measured interval to indicate that a match was fair and enjoyable.

At round end:
Volmarias: gg
Rill-a-roni: gg
Dagashi: gg


The third definition, which is the one used by Joby, made me almost fall out of my seat in mirth:

Exclamation: A way of resignedly expressing one's own defeat or disgust with a situation. Often followed by the object in question.

*toy breaks*
person: gg plastic

person was killed by headshot from awp
person: gg overpowered awp

Cats: You have no chance to survive, make your time.
Captain: gg

No comments: