Wednesday, July 06, 2011

"whatever you're good at, there's an asian kid who can do it better"



J: he's not just playing guitar
J: he's playing the guitar parts and the vocal parts
me: oh!
J: i can't even do that
me: how does he do that?
J: he has parallel brain tracks
J: that let him think about the melody and the rhythm at the same time
J: it's like singing and playing guitar at the same time -- some people can't do that, but lots (like me) can.
J: that's probably because i have a cpu and a gpu
J: g=guitar
me: lol lol!!
J: he has 2 gpus!


me: he's so cute!
me: i want to pat his head
J: yeah he's cute but not kid cute anymore
J: those videos are 2008 -- in 3 years he's become a teenager
J: still cute but not teddy bear cute
me: yeah too bad
me: i liked the teddy bear cute
J: your loss is south korean teenage girls' gain
me: ha!!!


Later, with my brother Tom:

me: he is sooo cute
me: he looks a little like you as a kid!
Tom: makes you want to trade your little brother in, eh? =P
Tom: its ok i wouldn't blame you
me: no, my brother was that good, but at playing video games
Tom: hahaha
me: and at being a brother!!
Tom: =D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. As a classically trained musician, I am speechless at the musicality of this child. The rhythm, the liberty, the silences, the screeching sounds are all...extremely inventive and beautiful.

Music is joy.

Free kids from the didactic music lessons and let them truly play and express themselves. Thanks Niniane. You have the best links!

Anonymous said...

A grown up version of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dok_KxLc1rk

Enjoy.