Saturday, August 01, 2009

starcraft result

We won our 2v3 starcraft challenge!

Tom is a stronger player, so we were concerned that our opponents would gang up on me, if they could figure out which color of starcraft player mapped to me.

To prevent this, Tom and I picked names that would be difficult to distinguish from each other.



blueLilly is a joke from the last time I played starcraft with these friends.

Avichal and I were on the same team. I convinced him to join the game as "blueLilly", and I joined as "Spartacus". Indeed, the other made assumptions about who was whom, which proved incorrect.

6 comments:

Wes said...

wonderful game, brings back memories of setting up a mini LAN on our dining room table in 2005.

Yishan said...

One day when we're no longer blog-friends but bitter blog-enemies, and meet on the field of battle, I will remember this and use it against you.

Dog of Justice said...

LOL. I initially skipped ahead to the victory screen and thought to myself "how do the letters 's' and 'v' identify them?"...

N said...

Where are the letters s and V in the victory screen?

N said...

re: writer. We will never become bitter blog-enemies. I like your sense of humor too much to be enemies.

s said...

Looks like one person was pulling all the weight while someone else was busy building queen's nests.

re DoJ's comment: If you remove certain bits (e.g., the first zero), you get seven-bit ascii characters. Do the numbers signify birth year counting from 1800 (but possibly switched)?