Monday, April 06, 2009

brief browser compatibility happiness

A couple weeks ago, I was hanging out with a friend, and trying to get wireless to work on both our laptops. This friend is not in a tech-related field, and doesn't spend much time in front of the computer.

Me: "Can you try to access the internet?"

Him: [opens a browser at his laptop]

Me: "You use firefox?" [overjoyed]

Him: "Yeah... why?"

Me: "That's great! So do I! I'm so excited!"

Him: "I don't understand."

Me: "It's, um, it's like if we both really liked the same movie."

Him: "Oh... [deep look of understanding] Well, I just like firefox much better than safari."

Me: "Oh right, this is a Mac. Firefox is the only reasonable choice." [greatly disappointed]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you're braced for the flood of perplexed pro-Safari comments coming your way shortly.

Gavin said...

I was going to post a comment about how nice Safari 4 was looking, but blogger wouldn't work, so here I am back in Firefox.

Anonymous said...

N,
No Chrome love?
Oh right, this is a Mac lol