Monday, August 28, 2006

cute little exchanges

Me: As you requested, I wrote a blog post about you.

Lu: I am excited and nervous... God bless me.




Me: The American cafe that opened across the street in building 44 is SO GOOD. Corn bisque, handmade ice cream, ... I'm worried I'm going to get fat.

Alipé: Well Niniane, if you'd like, I can give you daily feedback.




At dinner.

Alipé: I noticed girls you're dating don't like it if you tell them that they've gotten fatter.

Me: You don't say.

Alipé: Yeah, they get all miffed. Then I say, "What, would you rather I just silently resented you?"

Me: [laughing]

Yonatan: You could say it in a more lighthearted manner.

Alipé: There's always a grain of truth to jokes though.

Joby: Yeah. You can't really say, "Hey, you're REALLY FAT. Oh ha ha! Just kidding!"

No comments: