Monday, May 15, 2006

The other 9 dishes at Chez TJ

Dan asked about the other 9 dishes from my Mother's Day dinner last night at Chez TJ. So here they are:

Hors d'Oeuvres (that goddamn phrase is the hardest thing to spell ever. Harder than "petekia", the word which lost me the state spelling bee in 8th grade):


Sashimi:


Onion-wrapped beef (note that's the name I gave to it -- the restaurant called it "Braised Oxtail and Foie Gras in a Crepinette of Grilled Teviso"):


Oyster and foie gras lasagna (I dislike oyster so this was a tarnished foie gras):


Turbot (i.e. fish):


Coconut sorbet:


Salad with lemon (the only course I didn't finish because it was too damn salty):


Tiny little grilled cheese sandwich. If you average out the prices, this 1 inch by 1 inch grilled cheese sandwich cost me 9 dollars:


Strawberries and a layered "pudding cookie". This was supposed to be a course of dark chocolate fondant but they ran out.