Thursday, January 19, 2006

first bounced check

I sent in an estimated tax payment on the 16th, and unexpectedy it already arrived and was cashed (in 3 days!). Unfortunately the money I transferred from Fidelity to my credit union is set to be credited tomorrow.

Thus I just experienced the first bounced check of my life. It feels dreadful, due to the unnecessary work that I have now incurred. I need to write another check and print out another IRS form and address another envelope. It's just too much! This in addition to all the bounced-check fees. Blargh it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me. Ugh! Had to send in another check. I have since signed up for the EFTPS system so I can do it electronically. Free, and no more checks or stamps.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog because I was looking what do about bouncing a check to the irs - I'm embarrassed to call my accountant for advice on such an embarrassing act.

I felt better that someone else did the same thing but then I looked at your blog and your resume is so impressive that now I feel bad again. Well I'll be in Costa Rica in 14 hours hopefully then I will feel good again.

Are you the hottest programmer in the world?

boon said...

I did the same thing too! only two years later. What form did you have to send in? Do you have to wait 'til they send you a notice? Was there a penalty?