Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gratitude day 26: parents

Today I had a 2-hour conversation with parents about their struggles when I was growing up. They talked about the decision process behind various choices (immigrating on self-paid student visa to US, moving to New Mexico, my mom working all the tough jobs that she did).

We have talked about it previously but today covered different aspects.

Afterwards I felt like a more complete person, with better understanding of where I come from. It was such a vivid sense of well-being that I forced myself to be more alert crossing the street to avoid being run over in my distracted state.

Grateful for this conversation, a highlight of 2011.

2 comments:

huky said...

a beautiful story .....

mtbouchard said...

Wow! Great photos!! I hope we will see more.