Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gratitude day 20

I have liked computer graphics since college. Today I visited a Pixar researcher who I met at SIGGRAPH years ago. I asked whether he perceives creating animated videos as an activity that will become more widespread amongst novices.

He talked about the importance and difficulty of production quality and story. Live action video can be bad lighting and no acting but capture an interesting segment of life. Scripted video must require skill of moviemaking.

I found his insights really insightful, and was genuinely impressed. I feel like many people just echo the same trends they hear others say, like "pinning is the new activity" or "geo is the next big area". It was so good to hear original perceptions that are insightful.

I am grateful for surprisingly positive conversations.

No comments: