Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ent-spiration

Walking down the streets of Manhattan with my friend Andy, a couple weeks ago.

Me: "In the Lord of the Rings movie, I find it unrealistic that the Ents would change their minds about battle due to a single war cry. If I heard about the forest destruction, I'd want to go see it for myself first, instead of immediately declaring battle."



Andy: "And from an Ent perspective, you're very hasty."

Me: "Yeah, they should be even more hesitant! I wonder if the Ents are based on a real-life person that Tolkien knew."

Andy: "It was probably based on his tenure committee. [in Ent voice] 'I don't know, J.R.R. ...'"

Me: [lol]

Andy: [in Tolkien voice] "But I want tenure!" [in Ent voice] "Let's not be hasty now..."

4 comments:

Yishan said...

I'm very surprised that this entry isn't entitled "Entspiration."

N said...

You are so, so right.

Yishan said...

You changed it! Now my comment is confusing and meaningless!

N said...

For everyone reading this, the post was originally entitled "Ent inspiration".