Tuesday, October 24, 2006

pharaoh's revenge

I read yesterday that if event A happens at the same time as event B, then your subconscious will link the two. If your dog collapses while you walk him under a willow tree, then future glimpses of willow branches will remind you of poor Fluffy's demise.

I fear that I will henceforth associate the majestic Saqqara step pyramid



with 1). trying to sell my Google stock at the start of the trading period, via a Sidekick hiptop running lynx (text-based browser) with a lag time of several seconds, and

2). stabbing stomach pains ("Mummy's Tummy" according to the guidebook). Julie warned me that the so-called bathroom near the pyramid is actually a trailer whose walls were covered in shit. After the stomach pains set in, I was very grateful for that bathroom.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You dropping to the new Google Israel offices by any chance ?

ArC said...

OOC, did you drink the local tap water? Or was "Mummy's Tummy" simply unavoidable? (Not condemning you; I'm just honestly curious.)

Anonymous said...

So did you add your own spray to the walls of the bathroom or what? Give up the deets!

israelist said...

way too much information

W said...

Surfing the net...happened to 'stumble' onto your blog...one of the most funniest blogs I've read :) You definitely have a great sense of humour :) Thank you for the midnight laughs. Keep it up :)

Anonymous said...

You're my hero!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my country!