Friday, October 13, 2006

gothic hippie: "tie-dye with black fishnets"

My translated interview article is the current post on Google's China blog. This time they used a professional translator, who did a better job than I did on my two previous China blog posts.

I was very amused to see that this section:

One candidate came to an interview wearing a gothic mesh shirt with holes through which his nipples were clearly visible. He still got the job. (I don't recommend taking this risk.)


mysteriously became this in translation:


某个应聘者曾经穿着皱巴巴脏兮兮的T恤就跑来面试,他的T恤衫上还有着许多破洞。但最后他还是拿到了录取通知(当然我绝不建议如此穿着)。

One candidate came to an interview wearing a wrinkled and dirty T-shirt. His T-shirt even had ripped holes in it. He still got the job. (I don't recommend taking this risk.)


They turned the goth into a hippie!

3 comments:

Rising said...

Since you are a native Chinese speaker, why don't you translate it yourself? By the way, you are very beautiful. I like you and your blog.

Anonymous said...

Rising - if your from Beijing , you should know better about pretty girls.

Anonymous said...

In fact, when I just read your article in Google China's blod, I admired you very much that you even can use many advanced chinese phrases although you left Beijing at 5 years old......