Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The house I lived in at age 5

Since we were in Salt Lake City for my cousin's wedding, my brother and I decided to go look for the house we lived in.  I lived there from ages 5 to 8.  He lived there from 0 to 0.5.  

First I messed up the address and we went to a cemetery.  My brother looked at the tombstones to figure out if the cemetery was new.

We lived in the ground floor of this house.  We paid $100 per month in rent.  This woman is the current tenant in the basement.

The walkway into the backyard and down into the basement.

I spent so many hours in this crevasse between the house and the fence.  At least one hour per day.  I imagined it was a magical land.  Once I found kittens there, so it really was magical.

Entryway to the main door.  

It was a sociable home.  There were chinese neighbors who came over every day.  It was a really comforting sense of community.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That girl is hot!