Monday, February 16, 2009

you know you live in silicon valley when...

Walking down the street with my fashionable friend "Ellie".

Me: "Those are really cute hat and gloves. Where did you get them?"

Ellie: "The hat is from Old Navy. The gloves are from Juicy."

Me: "I should go buy a hat like it. But shopping is so draining... I guess you love shopping."

Ellie: "I could shop every day, for hours."

Me: "You must think it's weird that I hate shopping. Since you love it so much, it must seem strange."

Ellie: "No, there are plenty of things that I don't like, which everybody else likes."

Me: [expecting her to name some universally loved activities, like going to the beach or really good restaurants]

Ellie: "Like... programming."

7 comments:

William said...

haha you have no idea how many guys would love you just because you don't like to shop.

haha, just playing.

Anonymous said...

agreed Will !
i like prgamming too though.
oh the suffering alot of men go through following their woman everywhere they go to shop.

Recruiting Diva said...

Niniane, that is too funny! Alas, I do like shopping :-)

Recruiting Diva said...

Too funny! Good stuff Niniane. - Sangeeta

Annady said...

Hmm... you could combine the two skills and write a program to shop online for you!

Anonymous said...

Programmers generally don't make their friends (or their SOs) sit and watch while they code, though...

N said...

Annady, if there were a program to shop online for me, I would use it. People keep talking about how one day we'll scan our bodies and a program will find clothing that suits our shape. I want to use this service.