Thursday, June 30, 2011

Checking one item off the bucket list

Yesterday I turned 32!   I had dinner with a few of my nearest and dearest at Gary Danko, one of the to-do items on my bucket list.

The restaurant brought out a little lemon mousse cake at the end, with a candle.  My birthday wish is that the next year can be as happy as the past couple of weeks.  (I know you're not supposed to share wishes, but this year I am disregarding that custom.)

The past couple of weeks have been happy because I am continually flooded with endorphins from exercising in preparation for survival school.

People have had mixed reactions to survival school.  One-third of people think it is amazing and want to sign up.  The others think it sounds crazy.  But nothing has ever motivated me to exercise so effectively. 

I am looking forward to being taught how to stay upbeat when exhausted, how to be in tune with nature, and how to trust that my body is strong and can prevail over intimidating conditions.

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Exercise is its own reward. Glad you're learning that "secret."

Happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

Getting old

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I hope you survive survival school to celebrate another birthday!